WEEKLY C/K-DRAMA RECAPS: Week 7 & 8

Week 7:
Seven First Kisses
source: HanCinema

7 First Kisses
I have been super excited for this K-Drama. Why? It has seven of Korea most leading men: Lee Joon Gi (Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Park Hae Jin (Cheese in the Trap), Ji Chang Wook (The K2), Kai (EXO), Taec Yeong (2PM), Lee Jong Suk (W: Two Worlds), and Lee Minho (Legend of the Blue Sea). This cute drama gives out a carefree vibe from the plot driven ones I have been watching lately. Storyline is simple and straight to the point about a girl who wished to get her first kiss.


Goblin
source: HanCinema
 Goblin: The Lonely and Great God
Every since Goblin was released, I had placed it on my watch list, but have not really found the mean to watch it yet. On a whim, I decided to watch episode 1 and I could not look back after that. That is how amazing the first episode was that it got me hooked. No surprised it’s from the same writer and director of Descendant of the Sun.

The storyline is what really pulls me in; the whole Goblin, Goblin’s bride and Grim Reaper was what made it so fascinating to watch. Basically it’s about Kim Shin, who got turned into an immortal goblin as a form of punishment from God and the only way for him to rest in peace is for the goblin’s bride to remove the blade (invisible to others, but only his bride is able to see it) that have been left in his chest.


When a Snail Falls in Love
source: Baidu
When a Snail Falls in Love
 I raved from this C-Drama from the moment I unexpectedly marathoned it. The last two episodes of this drama could not come sooner and be anymore nerve wracking. I had a pretty good idea how it would ends (thanks to videos online).

I won’t spoil much, but say that the ending isn’t an ending. There’s potential for a sequel based off it.

Week 8:
Goblin
The story line gets better after each episode that I really do not know what to expect next. There are plenty of questions up in the air that hopefully will be answered as the drama progressed. I read several theories online that make me wonder if they are true.

Bromance between the Goblin and the Grim Reaper is one of the reasons why I like this drama so much. One can’t remember his past while the other can’t help but remember everything. I’ll let you guess which one is which.

Romance between Shin and Eun-tak is a slow one, which is perfectly fine since they are still getting to know other. Let’s just ignore that he’s has been waiting for her for the last 900 years. Also, the drama does anything, but point out that they have a huge age gap, so slow and steady wins the race.

Stay with Me
source: Baidu
Stay with Me
It was actually a co-worker of mine that actually introduced me to this Chinese drama. Plus it has Wang Kai, the lead actor from When a Snail Falls in Love, in the lead in this drama, so I gave it a watch.

Based off the first episode I can’t say much about it. It’s not that one drama where straight from episode one, I could tell if I should continue watching it or dump it. We don’t really get down to the plot till episode 2, which is where I am currently at.

7 First Kisses
The latest episodes have Kai (EXO) and Taecyeon (2PM), whom I have neutral feelings toward. Kai’s date with Soo Jin was cute though I got to admit. Taecyeon’s felt as though I watching a mini soap opera.

I’m most looking forward to the next episode featuring Lee Jong Suk. He’s kind of the main reason as to why I’m watching this in the first place.

Comments