REVIEW: Too Late by Colleen Hoover

Too Late
by Colleen Hoover
Goodreads
Wattpad
Is it too late to tell you I read another Colleen Hoover book? I guess not since I did. Did I mentioned it's free to read on Wattpad, so pretty much I was bound to read it.

The story goes something like this, boy (Carter)  meets girl (Sloan), but they can't be together yet. He has prior obligations to fulfill before they can be with each other. While she is stuck in a loveless kind of relationship with another boy.
Certainly not my favorite book by Colleen Hoover. Maybe it could be due to the story line containing predictable elements that made me feel disconnected with the characters. I didn't find anything unique about this story since it sounds as though I might have read something similar to it somewhere else.

Midway toward the book I lost interest in the story. I could not find myself to DNF it probably because it's a Colleen Hoover's book. I skimmed through the rest of it.

Let's talk about characters, especially Sloan, Carter and Asa.

Sloan, an admirable person, who would do anything for the person she loved even putting off her own happiness. She's strong to have endure with all the shenanigans that Asa put her through; yet can be ignorant at time.

Carter, a charming fella, who find himself at a difficult situation of whether to follow his duties or listen to his heart. He came off as a knight in shining armor ready to rescue the damsel in distress.

Asa, who thinks the world revolve around him. It's either his way or the highway. An alpha male personality of dominating everyone. His past deeply scared him and left him with trust issues. Still it does not make him any less of a jerk.

It will not be too late for me to say it's great that the author posted this story online for readers to read for free. Don't let my review prevent you from giving it a chance. It might be your cup of tea.

Rating: 2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4