DNF: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

The Start of Me and You
by Emery Lord
Goodreads
Status: DNF

After reading numerous YA fantasy novels, I decided to place myself in modern time. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord happened to be one of the contemporary I started in February. The first page of the book did not draw me in, but I don't let the first page predetermined the fate of the whole book. I continued on page after page until I find myself not feel intrigue by this story anymore.


Maybe it would possibly be that I was not used to reading YA contemporary after reading so many YA fantasy that I felt out of my element. The whole time I was reading, I expected something adventurous to happen, which did not occurred. I reminded myself that I was not in a dystopian society, where the protagonist slay the antagonist.

After that little reminder, I placed myself back in modern time. About 30% into the story, I did not feel intrigue to continue on with Paige's journey. I admired Paige for her will to get back up again after dealing with the grief of her boyfriend's death. Paige has great friendships, who have her back. There was even romance slowly building, but it was not enough for me want to read more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4