REVIEW: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes
Goodreads
"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible." - Will Traynor
I really don't know where to start this review, but it left me speechless after reading the last page. Upon picking this book up, I pretty much knew about the inevitable heartbreaking outcome, but it still left me in a speechless state. In the process of reading, so many emotions wanted to surface. I was led on this amazing journey that I did not regret on taking because it gave me new feelings that I have not felt before.

The author slowly transferred Lou and Will's characters that pulled the story line. I very much admire Lou's optimist throughout the whole book. Her determination to show Will that life can be better, and that he can't let his condition defines him. Yet she does not realized how there cannot be sunshine and flowers all the time; rain does show its face. In this case, a storm silence formed inside Will. Will's persistence to stick to his decision because when it ultimately comes down to it, he should have the final word.

Love means you want your partner to be happy even if it may hurt you, which I feel as though it's one of the themes in Me Before You. Lou overwhelmed Will with her enthusiastic to continue living in thinking it would make them both happy, but realistically it does not make him change his mind. Overcame with her love toward him that does not noticed what would make him happy. I guess that's what make this story so amazing to read, the struggle between living well.

I highly recommend this book. It's an amazing story that will simply leave at a state of heartbreaking at the same time.

"Just live well. Just live." - Will Traynor     

Rating: 5/5 stars

Music Playlist (to listen to during reading):

  • "Photograph" by Ed Sherran
  • "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sherran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love