After the Rain by Renee Carlino Review

After the Rain by Renee Carlino
image source: Goodreads
"In all my years, I've learned that life delivers many storms for us to weather. Some will be slow, brooding, quiet beasts, and other will be loud, thunderous, and frightening. But if you're willing to look close enough, no matter how devastating the storm may be, after the rain you'll always find a new life sprouting in the aftermath." - Edith

After the Rain touched my heart in so many ways. Contrary to the author previous works, I never really expected to be swept up into an emotional storm. My heartache for Ava and Nate.

Ava and Nate's pains are not for the fainted heart. They each suffered a grief of living in the past that haunts them from day to day. Each feared they were not good enough; yet fate prove them wrong by leading them to one another. Heart can be mended with the right person.

It's not a surprised I picked up this book after becoming of fan of Renee Carlino ever since Sweet Thing. As I mentioned previous, I was caught off guard at how different After the Rain was to the author's previous books, but it did not make me like the book any less. It's a beautiful story of how two heartbroken people find love, and true meaning in life.  

Rating: 4/5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4