P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han Review

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
The highly anticipated sequel to All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. It continues right after where the first book left off with Lara Jean's letter to Peter that made readers wonder what she wrote. They stopped their pretend relationship and decided to set forth on a real one. Lara Jean begins to understand what's it feels like to be in love, but what she did not expect a boy from her past to walk back into her life.

First words that immediately came out of my mouth upon finished reading this book, "I love it!" I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before in February, I was fortunate to not have to wait long for the release of this delightful sequel. Jenny Han outdone herself this time with P.S. I Still Love You, well developed characters, interesting plot and a whole lot of cuteness in one novel.

Let's talk about characters development here. Sara Jean and Peter went into a real relationship without knowing what to expect. In order to put their guards at ease, they developed a contract that was outright simple, but they later found out sticking to it was not a piece of cake. A typical beginning of couples, who first started out in their relationship. It's all fun and games until someone get hurts. From their mishaps they learned that love cannot be restricted; they have to love with everything they got.

Sara Jean and Peter became my OTP choice. I squealed, laughed, and cried for them. They took me on a roller coaster ride that I enjoyed being on.

The author created an interesting plot for this book. Similar to many writers, they test limits to their OTP by putting them through numerous obstacles with the most common  one being a love triangle. It's a classic in romance novel that I tried not to get heavily involved in since I tend to route for the underdog. In this case, I did not felt as though this love triangle threatened the OTP; rather it allowed them to grow more as individuals and as a couple.

P.S. I Still Love You touched upon numerous topics talked about among popular culture. One of them being slut shaming. Society today holds a double standards for male and female. If a female opens up about her sexuality and how much she enjoys sex, she is labeled as a slut because it's not proper for a girl, lady or woman to have such behavior. On the other hand, a male would receive a high five for his promiscuous actions. I was literally so thrilled when Jenny Han brought this topic into her novel. Another topic of coming out for a gay individual mentioned by the author in that everyone have equal opportunity to find love and fall in love. Just because they are different does not mean they are not amazing people. Applauds to Han for bringing about these topics that our society have skimmed over.

My final words for this book: it's a must read!

Rating: 5/5!

Source: bought at Target    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4