December Book Haul



For One More Day, Maybe Someday, Petals on the Wind, and The Alchemyst (top to bottom)
In the month of December, I purchased:

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
A 22-year-old college student named Sydney, who thought life had life going for her; she has a great boyfriend, and her best friend is her roommate. What more can a girl ask for? Until she sat out in her balcony and heard a melodic guitar tone playing from the balcony across. This is when she meets her mysterious neighbor, Ridge, who musically gifted. From the moment they begin to acknowledge each other, she will be taken on a emotional roller coaster with her heart on the line.

Originally, I had purchased this book in the Kindle edition last year, and I ended up enjoying the book very much that I wanted to buy a physical copy to keep in my library. There is so much I want to say about this book, but I don't want to spoil it to the readers out there who haven't read it yet. I am actually re-reading it at the moment to do a review about it, so be on the lookout for it in the near future.

Petals on the Wind by V.C. Andrew
A continuum from Flowers in the Attic and the second book in the Dollanganger series that follows three siblings (Cathy, Christopher, and Carrie) after they escaped from their grandmother home. The outside world is very different from the lives they lived in the attic, but only feelings remain the same.

I will not be able to read this book to much later since I'm still in the process of reading Flowers in the Attic. Let's just say it will be a while, but my goal is within this year; crossing my fingers.

Books in the Dollanganger series
  1. Flowers in the Attic
  2. Petals on the Wind
  3. If There be Thorns
  4. Seeds of Yesterday
  5. Garden of Shadow
A note to readers, this series contains a twisted theme in that it was controversial when it was initially published back in the late 1870's. Recently, the first two books (Flowers in the Attic and Petals on the Wind) were remade into movies by Lifetime, and movies for the following two books (If There be Thorns and Seeds of Yesterday) will be released sometime this year.

The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
Nicholas Flamel is famous for his creating of the elixir of life, which grant user immortal life. This secret receipt was written in well guarded book, but Dr. John Dee has an intention of stealing it and using for his evil plan. It's up to Sophie and Josh to stop him.

For Once More Day by Mitch Albom
Charley's world is falling apart around him, which leads him to committing suicide. When he opens his eyes, he sees dead mother, and he gets a second chance to spend time with her.

I had read the author previous work, the Five People You Meet in Heaven, which was a delightful read. This is another book I am looking forward to reading.

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Abby is determines to stay away from a darker side of life, which is very familiar with, but she meets Travis and her world is turned upside down.

An image of this book is not seen in the picture above since it is still being shipped to me. According to the postal service website, I should be getting soon.
I recently posted a video regarding my December book haul and currently reading:


UPDATED (January 15, 2015):
Guess what I received in the mall today? Drum rolls please...
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Bingo! It's the Beautiful Disaster book I ordered online two weeks ago had arrived. Looking forward to reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love