2014 Books Highlights

Hello 2015! 2014 had ended. It time to reflect the books I have read:
Source: Goodreads.com

Initially a reading challenge to myself was to read 50 books within 2014, but sadly I was only able to read only 37 out of 50 books. Still pat on the back for me for reading this much in a year. In 2015, 50 books would be my challenge again.

I read books from a broad range of genre and try not to judge a book by it cover; rather its synopsis. Romance and fiction are my main genre of focus.  

Books to highlight:
Divergent, The Faults in Our Stars, The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield, The Hazards of Skinny Dipping, The Hazards of Sex on the Beach, If I Stay, Where She Went, and Maybe Someday (top left to bottom right)
Credit: Goodreads
Divergent by Veronica Roth 
"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up" - Veronica Roth, Divergent 
I am very happy to say this book got me back into reading again. The story line was very different from other stories that I had read before; it was a breath of fresh air. 


The Faults in Our Stars by John Green
"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you."- John Green, The Faults in Our Stars
Many readers would probably had read this amazing story about Augustus and Hazel. This was another that was a breath of fresh air to read since it focused more on the OTP rather than the cancer itself. The movie version followed the story line of the book very well. A highly recommended book to read. 

The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield by Ninya Tippett 
"You never know how far your action echo into your future. Every choice you're faced with is  a fork in the road that maps the rest of your journey, and determines who will be waiting for you when you get to your destination." - Ninya Tippett, The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield
A witty and wonderful Wattpad story. In some way it was a cliche story line with an arranged marriage to a handsome billionaire; yet strong characters and author development of the story that distinguished itself from other stories. All the characters were not boring and they have their flaws, but they were distinct in their own way. Charlotte and Brandon were fated to be to together from the very beginning; they just don't know it. This available to read online on Wattpad website for free, so if you find the chance, go check it out.
(Psh...above I posted the link to read the story)

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping and the Hazards of Sex on the Beach (A part of the Hazard Series) by Alyssa Rose Ivy
These are two new adult stories that were very enjoyable to read. The story lines were light and comical. For majority of the stories that I had read, I could figure out who the main female character ends up with, but Hazards of Skinny Dipping got me thinking. It was until one male lead kept in the female lead (Juliet) life that I was convinced it was going to be him.

If I Stay Series (If I Stay and Where She Went) by Gayle Forman
"Sometime you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you." - Gayle Forman, If I Stay
Initially I was not planning on reading this series since I was still recovery from reading the Divergent series; I am very glade I pushed through to reading a new book series. I saw the film version of If I Stay before reading, so I had an idea of what was in store for me when I read. Writing style did not bother me; rather it provided valuable background information. Mia and Adam, OTP (one true pairing), got me rooting for them throughout the story. Although Where She Went got me so emotional, the ending was very awarding.     

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
"However, I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts." - Colleen Hoover, Maybe Someday 
It was an amazing book to read that took me on such an roller coaster, but I don't regret reading it at all. While I was reading, I had expressed a high level of angst. The ending and the online epilogue did not disappoint me at all. This is the one book I recommend readers to read at least one.

UPDATED: (January 16, 2015 @ 6:04 PM)
I uploaded the video for this blog. Enjoy!



Disclaimer: I am not sponsor by anyone to discuss about these books. All opinions strictly belong to me.

References
Gayle, Forman. If I Stay. Speak. 2009. Kindle file.

---. Where She Went. Speak. 2011. Kindle file.

Goodreads. 2015. Web. 1 January 2015.

Green, John. The Fault in Our Stars. Dutton Books. 2012. Kindle file.

Hoover, Colleen. Maybe Someday. Atria Paperback. 2014. Kindle file.

Ivy, Alyssa R. The Hazards of Skinny Dipping. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. 2013. Kindle file.

---. The Hazards of Sex on the Beach. Polgarus Studio. 2014. Kindle file.

Roth, Veronica. Divergent. Katherine Tegen Books. 2012. Kindle file.

Wattpad. The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield. 2014. Web. 31 December 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C-DRAMA REVIEW: When a Snail Falls in Love

FIRST IMPRESSIONS of When a Snail Falls in Love

DRAMA RECAPS: 7 First Kisses Episode 3 & 4